This year we are hosted by The Alley, 131 Columbus Street, Charleston, SC 29403 on Sunday, November 10, 2013, 3-5 pm. Baker registration deadline is November 8, 2013.
- Cupcakes should be your own creation but you may use any recipe.
- A minimum of two dozen (24) cupcakes is required to enter as a baker.
- You may submit more than one type of cupcake; each type of cupcake you submit will need to be registered separately, and at least two dozen of each type will need to be made for the CupcakeCamp.
- Cupcakes are to be classic cupcake pan size or smaller (mini cupcakes [including cupcake pops!] are welcome, however we don’t have room for giant cupcakes).
- Cupcakes should be edible, with the exception of some decorative elements (we trust your common sense).
- Your cupcakes will be displayed by you. You have the option to create a themed display for your cupcakes (if you have business cards, bring them to share!) but please keep in mind, you will be sharing space with other bakers. You are welcome to refill your display as necessary and volunteers will also be available to help you. There will be space under the table to store extra cupcakes (in your own container or cooler--please label your property). Since these are the cupcakes that the public will be eating, you will need to fill out a display sign with your name, title of cupcake, and cupcake ingredients (for allergy warnings). Please wear gloves or bring tongs to handle the cupcakes safely to the public.
- Cupcakes will not be refrigerated, so please avoid using ingredients that may melt or spoil.
- If you are entering the contest, please set aside an additional three cupcakes per category (Best Holiday [outer appearance + design; only one cupcake is needed], Best Southern [ingredients, flavors and decoration; three cupcakes are needed per judge], and Best Tasting; three cupcakes are needed per judge).
- We encourage entrants to submit MORE than two dozen cupcakes. The more cupcakes we receive, the more people will be able to enjoy your cupcake creation(s)!
-containers with your name label
-coolers (if needed) with your name label
-cupcake stands/displays (if possible)
-business cards (if you have any, this is a great way for you to put your best sweet tooth out there!)
-themed display (optional)
-cute outfit (optional)
-title of cupcake(s) and ingredients on display card (for allergy purposes, each ingredient must be listed)
-frosting (if needed)
-spatula (if needed)