Thursday, September 29, 2011

Meet Our Sponsor: Southland Soap!

My name is Linda Mackey DO and I'm founder of Southland Soap. I'm also an Osteopathic Physician with a strong holistic slant. I am convinced our bodies can very often heal themselves, if given support and no interference from toxic substances.
I got serious about using natural hair color in 2008 after becoming sensitized to chemical hair dyes.  The burning scalp is not only very uncomfortable but can actually lead to serious allergic reactions-and even death.
Being known as She-Who-Will-Not-Tolerate-Visible-Roots I knew I had to act quickly, so I started using henna. At that time, people were mixing henna with hot water and applying the paste.  While that does give nice color, the process is a terrible messy hassle.  I knew there had to be a better way.
I’m also an osteopathic physician who was a chemistry major in college.  I had already been using shampoo bars because they contain simpler, gentler ingredients than most liquid shampoos on the market.
One day I wondered:  could henna be made into shampoo bars and give color?  It took a week of intense experimentation, but I did it.  Radiant Bars were born, and we have many loyal customers around the world who love them as much as I do. The rest, they say, is history although we're still writing it at this time.
     Our products are available for purchase online.  More information can be found on www.southlandsoap.com or on facebook, www.facebook.com/SouthlandSoap.  Contact us at info@southlandsoap.com.

1. What is your favorite cupcake? All of them.  Seriously.  I've never eaten a cupcake I didn't love.
2. Favorite Lionel Richie song:  All Night Long
3. You're baking on Cupcake Wars on The Food Network and you can only choose a pirate or a ninja for an assistant.  Who is your helper?  Definitely the pirate.
4. What was the last thing you baked in the kitchen?  Spelt bread.  I'm a flour snob. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors Needed

New Poster 2021

 New Poster is out! Thanks to Hazel Rider for her help!