Friday, September 21, 2012
Meet One of Our Bakers, Fired Urth!
My name is Missy Wallace and I am the Pastry Chef/Co-Owner of Fired Urth Espresso Bar & Bakery opening on Daniel Island October 1st. My husband and I have spent the last couple of years in North Carolina where we owned and operated "Just Baked" a gourmet cupcake & coffee house. We recently sold our business and are excited to bring our passion to the Charleston Area.
1. What are your favorite ingredients to use? I believe in using all natural ingedients, no artificial flavors or colors. I really like to incorporate unique ingredients into my cupcakes. Some of my favorites would be wine, stout, brown butter, coffee, bacon, chipotle and sea salt.
2. Celebrity chef you'd like to work with: Ina Garten.
3. Cupcake you are best known for: Chocolate Stout & Smoked Sea Salt Caramel: chocolate stout cupcake infused wtih our homemade smoked sea salt caramel sauce, topped with a stout reduction butter cream and more caramel.
4. What was the first thing you've ever baked? Blueberry muffins.
5. What do you look forward to at Cupcake Camp Charleston this year? Since we are new to the Charleston area I look forward to introducing our cupcakes and meeting new people.
Contact Fired Urth at Firedurth@gmail.com
New Poster is out! Thanks to Hazel Rider for her help!
Warrior Surf Foundation is this year's charity for Cupcake Camp Charleston. Warrior Surf Foundation is a Veteran operated non-p...
Cupcake Camp Charleston is making a few changes to accommodate 2021 as we ease back into Better Than Normal :). We thank you in advance for ...