Sunday, September 23, 2012

Meet one of our Judges, Angela Geiger!


Angela Geiger has been a Toastmaster since 2008, and she is a member of several Toastmasters clubs.


Since joining Toastmasters, Angela has served in several club and district level leadership roles with her current role being District 58 Lieutenant Governor Marketing for South Carolina.


Angela is a retired First Sergeant, and is actively involved in community leadership, where she serves as the Co-Chair for the Richland County Appearance Commission in Columbia.


Angela’s motto: “Enjoy living one a day at a time with a fresh baked cupcake. Okay...maybe two cupcakes, and spoonful of frosting. And always promise to take your vitamins.”


For more information on Toastmasters, visit, www.toastmasters-d58.org for more information. 
Please join me in welcoming our Cupcake Camp Judge, Ms. Angela Geiger.


1. What is your earliest memory of baking? I think I was 7, and I remember seeing a commercial for an Easy Bake Oven.  I received it as a Christmas gift and I was baking little cakes all of the time until the packaged dough ran out. 

2. What do you like more, the frosting or the cupcake? I like both.  Delicious frosting and a well made cupcake make for a perfect combination.  

3. What are you baking these days? I don't get to bake too often except during the holiday season.  When I do bake, it's my Cranapple Casserole, Praline Cheescake Bars, Macadamia and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies and Sweet Potato Pies.
  
4. What do you like to drink with cupcakes? As a child I liked milk with my sweets, but as I have gotten older, and cupcakes have become a gourmet delight, I like a glass of wine with my cupcakes.  

5. When you can't bake or get to a cupcake and want something sweet,
what do you go for? When I want something sweet I go for a Krispy Kreme doughnut.  I know my answer should be a piece of fruit, but fruit just can't compare to a warm Krispy Kreme doughnut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors Needed

New Poster 2021

 New Poster is out! Thanks to Hazel Rider for her help!