Sunday, September 30, 2012

Meet One of our Bakers, Margaret Joy!


Hello, my name is Margaret Joy and this is my 3rd cupcake camp of Charleston. I am a current baking and pastry student at Trident Technical College: Culinary Institute of Charleston.

1. What are your favorite ingredients to use? I like basic ingredients I haven't really ventured out with wacky ingredients in my cupcakes or other pastries.

2. Celebrity chef you'd like to work with: I am a very vibrant and bubbly person so if I could work with any celebrity chef I would say Chef Duff Goldman from Charm City Cakes, he seem to be the male version of my attitude.

3. Cupcake you are best known for: I wouldn't say that I was best known for any cupcake yet, but I did win at last year's cupcake camp for my Panera inspired Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcake. I did get a lot of compliments on my Pancake cupcake with maple syrup frosting and brown sugar caramelized bacon strip.

4. What was the first thing you've ever baked? Chocolate chip cookies!!! I can remember the feeling I got while making them and then the reaction from everyone and that's when I had a feeling that I wanted to bake.

5. What do you look forward to at Cupcake Camp Charleston this year? The expressions on people's faces when you describe your cupcake and all the tastes and theme's people come up with.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors Needed

New Poster 2021

 New Poster is out! Thanks to Hazel Rider for her help!