We are traveling from Elizabeth City N.C. where Betsy is an English instructor at College of the Albemarle, and I am a freelance baker/candy maker. We recently participated in Cupcake CampDC to benefit the DC Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation. It was a great event. Washington, DC also offers the National Capital Area Cake Show, which is a must see for anyone interested in baking! Check it out at www.cakeshow.org.
Betsy and I love to travel, and aspire to return to Europe for Cupcake Camp Paris one day. We also look for bakeries and pastry shops in or near cities we happen to be visiting. I'm not sure we'd have ever gone to Hoboken if Carlo's Bake Shop wasn't there...
Our town is small, but who knows, maybe we'll have our own Cupcake Camp EC someday!
1. What are your favorite ingredients to use? Peanut butter, Nutella, Butter, Cream, and Chocolate.
2. Celebrity chef you'd like to work with: François Payard
3. Cupcake you are best known for: Peanut Butter cream filled chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream.
4. What was the first thing you've ever baked? Chocolate Chip Cookies.
5. What do you look forward to at Cupcake Camp Charleston this year? We can't wait to see the creative wonders in store from the talented group of bakers this year!
1.What are your favorite ingredients to use? Cream cheese, nutella, and sugar.
2. Celebrity chef you'd like to work with: Paula Deen.
3. Cupcake you are best known for: Oreo cheesecake cupcakes.
4. What was the first thing you've ever baked? Brownies.
5. What do you look forward to at Cupcake Camp Charleston this year? Being with family and friends while eating the best cupcakes around!