Friday, October 19, 2012

Meet One of Our Bakers, Lauren Angleton!

Hi, I'm Lauren Angleton and I've lived in Charleston for two years.  This is my first Cupcake Camp, so I'm really excited!  I'm an engineer in my day job and I got into cake decoration as a hobby when I first moved here.  Every Thursday night I would decorate a cake in class and then bring it to work the next day, which became known as Cake Friday!  Since the class ended, I mostly experiment with cake pops and even sent some pink ones to my cousin in Texas for her baby shower!

1.  What are your favorite ingredients to use?  Chocolate!  Dark chocolate, white chocolate, mint chocolate, anything chocolate!

2.  Celebrity chef you'd like to work with:  Alton Brown, definitely.  When he gets into the technical side of cooking, I geek out!

3.  Cupcake you are best known for:  Either my Red Velvet Cake Pops with cream cheese frosting filling or my Peanut Butter Cup Cake Pops.

4.  What was the first thing you've ever baked?  Probably my family's pinwheel cookies that we make for the holidays.  It's a crispy cookie with vanilla and chocolate layers rolled together.  Angleton family tradition!

5.  What do you look forward to at Cupcake Camp Charleston this year?  I look forward to the Decoration competition!  I love seeing the awesome designs people come up with, it's extraordinary!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors Needed

New Poster 2021

 New Poster is out! Thanks to Hazel Rider for her help!