Monday, September 24, 2012

Meet One of Our Bakers, Brittany Dahn!



Hi! My name is Brittany and I have a love for God, family and food! I am a marketing representative by day and food-crazed blogger by night. I grew up in Columbus, Ohio and was one of the pickiest eaters you would ever know. When I moved to Charleston, South Carolina for college my tastes changed right along with everything else in my life.  I will now eat (or at least try) just about anything. But when it comes down to it, sweets are my favorite thing to eat, especially cupcakes! I started a food blog, Counting My Cupcakes (www.countingmycupcakes.com), in July 2011 and have found even more of a passion for food and writing. The blog documents my trials baking and cooking in my own kitchen, eating the delicious (and sometimes not so delicious) foods from restaurants, and everything in between. 

1. What are your favorite ingredients to use? Chocolate, oats, and sugar!!
2. Celebrity chef you'd like to work with: I have to credit Rachael Ray for sparking my interest in cooking, but I would most like to work with Giada De Laurentiis. Italian food has always been my favorite and it would be amazing to whip up some pasta with the pro! 
3. Cupcake you are best known for: Coconut (started as a coconut cake, but obviously I made cupcakes too!)!
4. What was the first thing you've ever baked? Cookies! I sure do love cookies, too. My dad is a chocolate chip cookie fanatic, so I probably made those first. Although I have a lot of memories baking Snickerdoodles, too. 
5. What do you look forward to at Cupcake Camp Charleston this year? Meeting all of the other bakers and tasting everyone's creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsors Needed

New Poster 2021

 New Poster is out! Thanks to Hazel Rider for her help!